Thursday, July 22, 2010

MR. ATTRACTIVE


So remember Mr. Attractive? I was really attracted to this guy and most specially after my friend told me more about him. So we exchanged a couple of emails but thats it. I was disappointed a bit because I really liked what I got to find out about him. Apparently, his friend told my friend that there is no point to getting to know each other more because he is in Canada and I am not, that really sucks. Thank goodness I read He's Just That Not Into Me, coz I dont need to figure out why...HES JUST THAT NOT INTO ME!!! My Meryl Streep song is so befitting my sentiment right now!

So it became whats wrong with me? It really makes me wonder. Its like everything about me becomes inconvenient, my height, 5'6 ( too tall for Asians, not too tall for everyone else), my built( I have hips that dont lie =), my religion(I am Catholic), my career choice, my race, my taste in clothing (men think I am high maintenance), my confidence, my humor, my personality( I tend to be likeable but when my date's friends love me more than him, the guy tends to just hate it!

I seriously dont know what to do anymore! I am not socially inept. I am very presentable and I know how to listen. Why havent I found the one yet??? GOD WHATS YOUR PLAN FOR ME???

Ladies, any guess as to why? I seriously am feeling my singlehood right now. I am actually in a state of panic. It is actually like a Carrie moment, realizing and fearing if I will be alone...I dont want to be alone!

ok so I just needed to vent. But seriously ladies, I need your advice! I am attracted to Mr. Attractive but I dont want to run after him. But why do other women set their eyes on someone and they really get out there to get it and it works! I cant!!! Should I? Or should I just move on to the next. But I want to get to know him better though. I dont know... I am really torn. My being coy about things hasnt gotten me anywhere.

Ladies, opinion please!!! I know you probably are tired hearing my stories but a sister really needs your help...pretty please???!!!

8 comments:

  1. Dear Cece, I wish I knew the answer. I am sure there are special plans the Almighty has in store for you, but as it's said you don't wait for the opportunity, you create one. Your problem sounds only too familiar to me, young intelligent people of both sexes alone. I had a period in my life when I had no one and the reason was that I'd rather be by myself than with someone I have no interest in being with. It's hard to match sometimes, I've dated people I had nothing in common with and that turned into disaster, I have also dated people that hurt me coz I was not a match for them. Just be patient and proactive. I'll be happy to lend a listening ear whenever. Hugs, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just came across your blog from Slastena. Be patience and keep having faith - things will come at the right time. May I ask where do you live? from pic we might live in the same place. -Claud

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Slastena: You are just so sweet! Thanks so much! It does get really frustrating at times. Specially when I look around me and all I see are happy couples of all shapes, color and sizes =) And here I am tired...too tired of being and feeling so alone. Its like such a slap on my face when I hear oh she's too good for me or Im not good enough for her...Why arent men trying at least? My friends say I look like I have high standards, I do but why arent these men, at least allowing me to at least get to know them. I wonder sometimes if theyre just saying those things and that there really is something wrong with me??? If there is, I want to know! I want someone to say, I dont like you because... =)
    I can go on and on with my complaints...thanks so much for your kind words of wisdom. I hope one day I will be able to find what you have found =) Have a great weekend! Keep staying gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Claudia: Hi! Welcome to my blog! Im glad you came across it and that you took time to write a comment. Thanks for the advice. I have been patient and have never lost faith but there are times I do wonder and scream out loud hoping God will hear me =) Which pictures are you referring to? I was in Toronto for a while. Are you Canadian? eh? =) Again, thanks for your time, I really appreciate it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cece- I refer to the profile picture. It's seems like the desert AZ?? but maybe not

    ReplyDelete
  6. @claudia: Oh that. No Im not in Arizona. Ive never been but I heard its just beautiful there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cece--I just came across your blog. I too have dealt with concerns/pressures about being single as I am no longer in my 20s. Please embrace this time in your life, and know that you are complete just as you are. Remember to wait upon God's timing, as only He has the blueprints for your life. Maybe the one you are meant for needs time in order to be ready for you! A book that has helped me recently is called Lady in Waiting by Jackie Kendall & Debby Jones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @applesandpencilskirts: thanks for sharing your story with me. I agree with you that only He has the blueprints for my life but like with any other thing that we pray for or long for, there are times when I feel helpless or impatient. I pray that the one meant for me will be ready soon =) Sometimes the journey gets lonely for me. I will definitely check that book out. Thanks again for your time! God bless!

    ReplyDelete